Getting in shape, toning or losing weight can often be a daunting task. Which is why, in order to achieve the desired results and goals, goal-setting is important. Self-improvement is only possible when goals are specific, action oriented, realistic and timed.
In order to achieve long-term goals, it is important to know what one wants, why and by when. It is always easier to perform a certain task once the what, why and when questions have been answered. Setting realistic goals is always recommended to avoid overwhelming thoughts of failure.
By breaking the end goal into smaller goals it is much easier to achieve it by taking smaller steps. For example, if one wishes to lose weight for an upcoming vacation, it is helpful to set smaller goals.
Ask yourself, “How much weight do I want to lose before the vacation and what steps do I have to take in order to achieve the same?”
To reach your goal, you might have to:
- Assess and improve your eating habits
- Commit to doing 3 to 5 sessions of cardio a week
- Incorporate an appropriate amount of sculpting and toning workouts
- Observe the changes in the body.
- Creating a fitness timetable
- Once you’re aware of the goal, work on a plan to achieve it by making a detailed timetable and sticking to the schedule
- Commit to a fitness program and make journaling a daily habit.
- Select workout timings that can comfortably fit into your daily schedule in such a way that you can make the most of your daily exercise routine.
In order to build a successful workout schedule, working on a plan that is feasible is of utmost importance. In order to succeed in achieving the goals that have been set by you for you, it’s important to maintain a realistic plan surrounding your daily routine. It is crucial to decide on a realistic workout routine in order to achieve goals by a particular date and also assess the progress at each stage. Unrealistic goals can set one up for disappointment and low sense of self-confidence and self-esteem.
Time Your Goals
It’s essential to decide on a particular date by which you wish to achieve your target fitness goals. While you must start with smaller goals, achieving the main one is the ultimate target, which is why you must always decide on a particular date in order to map your progress along the way.
For example, you wish to tone your body and commit to a six -week fitness regime that includes jogging and running to achieve the same. Measuring the waist is a good way to keep track of the progress if the goal is to slim down.
- You must decide the number of days you wish to dedicate to the goal in order to keep yourself motivated
- Maintaining a workout diary to keep track of your daily progress is always helpful
- Make a note of the waist size and check back within a week to track progress
During this process, if there ever is a time when you realize that you are unable to stick to your goals or that you are not completely focused on achieving them, make a note of why you haven’t been able to do so. Make sure you haven’t set an unrealistic goal or maybe you feel you’re not confident enough to make it to your goal. While starting any fitness regime, it is imperative to have faith in your abilities to achieve whatever it is you really wish to 🙂