Making small changes in your everyday routine can impact your lifestyle in a big manner. Good habits may be the key to good health, but that alone cannot ensure that you remain fit and fine. In fact, you need to devote some of your time to exercise as well. If you ignore exercise, then you are doing a crime against yourself. In the longer run, it is going to affect you so badly, you won’t be able to walk out of that disaster. That being said, it is time to tell you what you can do to avoid such a stalemate.
First of all, you should remember one thing. You have worked hard and given a lot of sacrifices to reach up to this point. Don’t let all this go in vain just because you screw up your exercise regimen time and again. No excuses and gruelling hard work is only going to ensure that you can maintain a healthy fitness level. All you need to do now is, move ahead with zeal without the thought of giving up at any point.
Choose An Exercise Regimen You Can Stick With
Gymming, aerobics, walking, running, cycling, yoga, Zumba, pilates – it could be anything you like. Just pick one and stick to it. Remember, physical activity is important, whatever be its form. Just don’t say you don’t have the time! Choose a schedule for your workout and do it every day, without fail. Barring all the days you were unwell, you have to do your exercise without fail. Your exercise regimen should be like your lover, for whom you should have a smouldering passion. You cannot cheat your love, and you cannot cheat yourself out of your exercise. This is the attitude you should possess.
Wake up at 5 or 6 in the morning, both summers and winters. Wear your tracks and trainers. Head outside and start with a bit of warm-up. A light jog before you jog / go to the gym will gear you up for an intense session. Kick some butt and then relax 🙂
After 10 days, change the type of exercise you have been doing. Your muscles have been asleep to this point. After this long warmup, you have charged your muscles to endure all the wear and tear you are going to perform on it. Changing the exercise will also save you from boredom. You won’t feel pooped out if you change your exercise after every 10 days. Once the muscles have been woken up, they can easily be manipulated in any way you want.
Read Fitness Magazines
No, we are not asking you to see the fitness magazines because they have beautifully sculpted or chiselled models pictures in them! Well that’s a good incentive too. But we are asking you to ‘read’ what’s written inside them. Often we ignore the text which contains a load of wonderful fitness info that you cannot obtain from the best trainers after years of working out under them.
Just make a list out of the workout info you can procure from these magazines and then apply them in your daily regime.
Shrink, Slim And Tighten – Target Your Trouble Areas
Before you start working out, find out what your trouble spots are? Do you see a lot of fat around your belly? Or do you have tons of cellulite on your buttocks? Or is it the thighs and hips that you want to work out on? Men often see fat deposition around the abdomen while women see it around their thighs. Once you have located the target spot. Start working out on it.
How To Get Flat Abs?
Flat abs are what you want? There are tons of exercises that can help you burn down the paunch in that area. We will give you a list of the exercises that can help you get flat surfboard abs –
1. Side plank – Lie on the left side of the body. The feet and hips should be on one side. Prop yourself up on the left forearm. The right arm should be straight down at the other side. Then slowly raise your hips off the floor. Raise it as high as you can, contracting left side of abs; pause. Slowly lower to starting position and repeat. Do 12 reps, and then switch sides and repeat. Do two sets.
2. Half side plank – Lie on your left side of the body. Your right leg should be placed over your left leg. You need to support your body with your right arm. Bend it in such a way that your palm is placed on the floor. Your fingertips should be facing your chest. Rest your head on your left hand. Then you need to press up by using your right arm. So your torso and left arm are off the floor. Your right leg needs to be placed on top of your left. Hold the position in place for a few seconds. Then return to the starting position. After doing 30 reps, you have to switch sides.
3. Rotated sit-up – Lie on the back with legs straight out. Turn left hand behind head. Place the right arm on the floor. Lift left shoulder off the floor and bring right knee in, rotating left elbow to the right knee. Do 10 to 12 reps, switch sides and repeat. Do two sets.
4. Bent knee corkscrew – Lie on your back. Raise your legs up, knees bent at 90 degrees. Pull belly button in and up and slowly rotate your knees counterclockwise. Do five reps, reverse the directions and repeat. Do two sets.
5. Bicycle – Lie on your back. Place your arms behind your head. Bend knees at 90 degrees, and ride an imaginary bicycle. Do 12 reps.
6. Lower abs leg lifts – Sit on edge of a bench and lean backwards. Bend your knees and lift your feet off the floor. Bring knees in towards your chest. After that, lower your legs and chest back to starting position. Do 15 reps.
7. Crunches – Lie on your back. Keep your legs apart. Using your abs, lift your shoulders and left leg with toes pointed outwards. Lift it a few inches off the ground. Supporting your head with your left hand, extend your right arm up and out. Do 30 reps, after that you need to switch sides.