Swati is a Certified Zumba and dance fitness instructor who conducts group classes in Zumba and dance fitness at Dance studios as well as corporate companies. Armed with a positive attitude, good communication skills and a natural inclination towards dancing, Swati has participated and won many dance competitions at university level and has more than 4 years of experience of professional choreography. Her expertise is Bollywood, Zumba, Western and Indian Regional dance. She currently runs her own dance institute under the name “Feel the Beat Dance Studio” in Andheri West and conducts multiple batches for Bollywood and Zumba. She has also worked as the overall co-ordinator for the Juhu Branch of the ‘Saroj Khan Dance Academy’ and has trained students with a primary focus on ‘Bollywood’ and semi-classical dance forms.
Swati is also a competent stage show choreographer and has choreographed numerous Bollywood Dance Music performances for wedding and family events. Her responsibilities included creating a fusion program for the dances, analyzing the capabilities of every amateur dancer and creating a successful choreography that rehearsal program culminating in an impressive final performance. Swati is of the firm opinion that Dancing is not an ‘inborn’ talent and anyone can dance provided you have the passion and are willing to put in the long hours of hard work and dedication. Because as she aptly sums up, ‘If you can walk, you can dance!’
- 6 months training of professional faculty course from “Saroj Khan Dance Academy” in 2015.
- Passed 2nd year diploma in Kathak in first division from “Kala Srijani” academy which is affiliated to Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad.
- One month training for contemporary dance form with “Shiamak Davar’s Institute for the Performing Arts”. The training was followed by a stage show at Siri fort auditorium, Delhi.
Dance Stage Shows & Awards
- Bengali dance performance as “Durga” in Durga puja function at Kaushalya world school, Noida. Lead
performer in the dance with 15 co-performers.
- Awarded gold medal for Rajasthani dance performance in inter college dance competition held in Udaipur, 2009.
- Won silver medal in semi classical solo dance competition organized by MMP, Pune in 2009.
- Represented Mohan Lal Sukhadia University (MLSU), Udaipur in regional dance competition for silver jubilee event of west zone youth festival 2009-2010 organized by university of Mumbai. The event had representation from 5 states of western India.
- Received the 1st position in choreography and one act play in annual cultural festival of B.N.P.G, 2010.