So you have decided that you want to go in for personal training. Whatever be the form of training that you would like to undertake we have the right trainer for you.
Health Screening For Risk Factors
Before our trainer visits you for the first time, a medical physician should have ideally okayed you for a physical fitness regimen following a health screening. This is important because a health screening will take into account all risks, personal medical history, current medication (if any), physician-determined contraindications for exercise, cardiovascular risk profile and chronic illness or joint problems. Once this clearance from your doctor is assessed, you are good to go!
The First Visit
On the First meeting, our trainer will start discussing mutual expectations and the goals that you have set for yourself. You will also be required to fill up three forms:
a. Personal Particulars Form
The personal particulars form will include your name, age, sex, body mass, stature, body mass index and a physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire. You will also be asked to include the contact of a near and dear person in case of an emergency.Download Here
b. Informed Consent & Professional Waiver
Informed consent by the client means that our personal trainer has discussed with you the possibility of injury or even death while participating in any fitness programme. An indemnity form indemnifies the personal trainer and the company whom he represents from legal liability should any harm befall you when participating in a fitness programme.Download Here
Payment policies will be discussed. All payments will be taken in advance. Our flexible Payment policies include:
- Monthly or per session fees.
- Contract-period based.
- Policies for payment in advance, loss or missed session or cancellation.
These will be explicitly spelt out and acknowledged by the personal trainer with a signed agreement. Details may include but is not limited to:
- What the client can expect from the personal trainer.
- What the personal trainer expects from the client.
- Termination or refund policies.
- Vacation plans (interruptions), bonuses or tardiness (late-coming) policies.
The following aspects will be determined according to your health profile:
- Are training sessions in the morning, afternoon or evening?
- Are training sessions fixed at stipulated times or are they flexible and variable?
- What is the frequency and regularity of training? Twice a week? Every Other Day?
- What is the duration of a typical training session? 45 minutes or 90 minutes?
We believe that getting organised at the start and keeping good records at the backend will help reduce the likelihood of client misunderstanding or conflict at the front end. This will also intil confidence in you because if you are successful person, you do understand that preparation and research go a long way in creating positive results. Do not worry. We will not make you fill out too many forms. Just the ones below after which you are all set to go!
- Policy & Client Agreement
- Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire
- Medical Questionnaire
- Waiver of Liability
- Exercise or Workout History (if any)
The elements of effective fitness programme design includes creating a record of client information, progressive resistance training, flexibility training, cardiovascular training and balanced nutrition. But the art of programme design lies in meeting you – the client’s needs first and foremost. Before we design a customized fitness programme for you, we need to know your medical, family and fitness history. Effective fitness design requires a comprehensive knowledge of the energy systems, human movement, biomechanics and motor control, sport psychology and the principles of fitness training.
The following aspects will be taken into account before designing a fitness programme for you:
We will first assess the proportions of fat, muscle, bone and fluids in your body. Apart from body fluid variation (upto 1 kg), fat and muscle mass are the most likely areas that can change with any sound exercise programme. Your body mass index and waist-to-hip ratio will be calculated.
Goal: Goals for body composition should be to maintain or increase muscle mass or to reduce body fat and also to increase or preserve bone mass. A high percentage of body fat increases the risk of heart-disease and certain cancer forms.
Muscular Strength and Endurance
This is the maximum amount of force that your muscles can generate or the number of times that your muscles can contract to generate force.
Goal: Goals for muscle endurance and muscle strength should focus on muscle balance and improving on areas of weakness in your body.
This is the capability to perform sustained exercise that involves large muscle groups (upper and lower limbs, torso) over extended periods of time (more than 20 minutes at a stretch).
Goal: Goals for cardio fitness will include improving your cardiovascular health (exercise duration > 20 minutes) or cardio fitness (exercise duration > 30 mins).
This is the range of motion of major joints in your body.
Goal: Goals for joint flexibility will include improving the flexibility of tight muscles and daily stretching to improve blood circulation and to enhance the relaxation of the major muscle groups of your body.
A holistic fitness and exercise development plan cannot work without a sound nutritional programme to obtain the best possible results and benefits for the client. A balanced and well-nourished diet will ensure proper recovery following training and in the longer term, keep your body weight at the appropriate level.
Muscle Strength & Endurance Conditioning
Our personal trainers are encouraged to advised clients to always aim for a balanced whole body muscle endurance and strength.
- All payments are to be made in advance and are non-refundable.
- A monthly minimum course of 12 sessions must be used by the client if the client starts from the 1st of every month. Clients must use up all sessions of the course every month. Unused Sessions will be deemed void and sessions will not be refunded and will not be carried forward to the next month.
- If the Client is starting after the second week of a month, then Client will be billed for whatever sessions that the Client desires for that month in advance. Following month onwards client will be billed for a minimum of 12 sessions a month.
- If Client desires more than 12 sessions a month then the extra sessions will be billed @ the decided rate per session.
- Notification of cancelled sessions must be made 24 hours in advance. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation fee equivalent to the full price of the session and / or the loss of that session from the monthly course.
- Emergency cancellations will be treated at the discretion of the personal trainer.
- Each session will be deemed to have started at the pre-arranged session time. Any lost time due to late arrival will be adjusted only at the discretion of the trainer.
- In the case of the personal trainer falling ill or being unable to arrive for the session, the session will be cancelled and re-arranged.