Rama is a young and enthusiastic yoga instructor who trains our clients in the Western Suburbs of Mumbai. Her aim in teaching yoga is to help people understand themselves and enrich their lives with the help of yoga. Over the years she has helps many of her students connect with their own personal wisdom, discover their body’s healing abilities and uncover their potential to be the best version of themselves. Rama has been practising yoga for over 15 years and has extensive knowledge of teaching Yoga in groups or in private lessons. She has designed and implemented specialized private & group lessons and programs according to individual & group needs
Her own practise and teaching encompasses various styles of Yoga such as Vinyasa, Hatha, Astanga and Flow. She also has a deep understanding of the philosophy of yoga. As a yoga educator, Rama keeps herself abreast of the latest trends and aspects of imparting quality education. She has also worked in designing yoga classes, courses and yoga workshops for kids and young adults having worked at The Big Umbrella Preschool in Tardeo and the Oberoi International School. With excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a compassionate, an intuitive and non-judgmental teaching style, Rama is known as a reliable and committed yoga instructor.
A typical yoga session with Rama includes theory as well as practise which includes the different yogic techniques like Core Strengthening Exercises, Stretches, Asanas, Pranayams, Relaxation, Kriyas and Meditation.
Yoga Teaching in Preschools
As a preschool yoga instructor, Rama has:
- Prepared class content and format appropriate for student level and style or type of yoga class.
- Developed, instructed and led stretching, warm-up and cool down exercises, breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Responsible for developing yoga related, moral bearing stories, suitable for and supportive of the level of class being instructed.
- Provided feed back to students supporting a safe class environment.
- Supported the co-creation of a non-judgmental and fun environment to optimize learning.
- Presented lessons incorporating yoga and meditation in class and its importance in our daily lives.
1 year Yoga Teacher Training course from the Yoga Institute, Santacruz, Mumbai.